Motorist Safety Reminders
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs—including prescription medication that may impair safe driving.
- Use extra caution when driving in hard-to-see conditions, such as nighttime or bad weather.
- Slow down and be prepared to stop when turning or otherwise entering a crosswalk.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks and stop well back from the crosswalk to give other vehicles an opportunity to see the crossing pedestrians so they can stop, too.
- Never pass vehicles stopped at a crosswalk—there may be pedestrians crossing that you cannot see.
- Always be aware of posted speed limits.
- Be extra cautious when backing up—pedestrians can move into your path.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.