Come February 15, California will lift the statewide indoor mask mandate. Read on to learn what this will mean for life in the Village.
- Unvaccinated individuals must still mask in all indoor public settings, and the state will recommend that fully vaccinated individuals continue indoor masking when risks are high. Click here to read the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations for masking. Click here to view California Department of Public Health updates and guidance.
- Board and committee meetings will return to a hybrid format, with attendance offered both in person and virtually. Find agendas and virtual links to board and committee meetings by visiting lagunawoodsvillage.com/calendars, clicking GRF, Third Mutual or United Mutual, and clicking the appropriate event.
- Universal masking will still be required—regardless of vaccination status—in specified settings, including public transit (such as on Village buses), healthcare facilities, nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
- Clubs, groups, organizations and private events will be responsible for establishing and enforcing their own guidelines.
- All VMS employees will continue to wear masks through at least March 1.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.