Your Trash, Recycling Go-To
What Goes Where?
For a handy guide on what to recycle, what to place in the organics bin, what to toss in the landfill trash container and what requires special disposal, click here or the Download PDF button below.
In the meantime, here are a few reminders:
- Click here to view/download a CR&R flyer for guidance on use of the organic carts (what is and isn’t considered organics recycling materials).
- Compostable bags are preferred for disposing of organic items, but paper bags and newspaper are acceptable.
- For assistance locating your nearest organics cart, please click here to access an interactive map or click here to access a printable map. Do not move organic waste recycling carts from their intended locations, as carts will not be serviced in areas where they are not assigned. If you find a cart that has been moved, please email LagunaWoods-Recycles@CRRMail.com.
- Green waste is accepted in the organics carts. However, to ensure everyone can participate in the program and use the carts for accepted waste, please do not fill the organics carts with garden/lawn prunings. Email or call Resident Services at firstname.lastname@example.org/949-597-4600 to schedule a Friday clippings pickup.
- Place unwanted bulky items out by your shared trash enclosure or on the curb where your personal trash and recycling carts are collected on your area’s collection day between 7 p.m. the night before and 8 a.m. the day of your pickup. No call to Resident Services is necessary. CR&R will collect the items by the end of the day.
- Click here to look up your bulky-item area collection day and learn what bulky items are accepted.
- Please only place bulky items at the enclosures you typically use to discard your trash and recycling. If you have a personal cart, only place bulky items at the curb where you normally place trash and recycling carts for collection.
- When placing out bulky items for collection, please do not block access to any enclosure, containers in any enclosure or vehicle travel. Car parts, construction/demolition/hazardous waste and items not safely loaded and unloaded into a vehicle by two people will not be accepted.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.