Prevent Bike Theft
Don’t leave your bicycle unsecured and vulnerable to theft in an open carport. Here are some best-practice tips on protecting your bike:
- Register your bike through the resident bicycle registration program
- Record make, model, color and, most importantly, the serial number
- Take photos and keep them in a secure place
- Invest in a quality bike lock
- Lock and secure bike at all times
If your bike is stolen, please call Security immediately at 949-580-1400 to file a report. Also, call the Orange County Sherriff’s Department (OCSD) at 949-770-6011 (and follow the prompts to reach OCSD dispatch).
Similarly, contact Security personnel if any suspicious persons or individuals unknown to the area are seen in the community. If you see someone and are unsure as to whether or not to call, we ask that you err on the side of caution and let Security roll out and make contact. Remember: If you see something, say something!
To discover more Village news, events, activities and classes, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.