TV6 Weekly Featured Movies
Be sure to tune in to Village Television (TV6) for special movie feature presentations. Movies screen at 2 and 6 p.m. All 2 p.m. showings feature subtitles; 6 p.m. showings do not. Find all movie listings here. To learn more about TV6, click here.
- Friday, May 13 - “A Cowgirl’s Song”: In this 2022 drama, an aspiring teenage singer goes to live with her grandmother, a country music legend who’s fallen on hard times since the death of her husband. Together, they overcome adversity and find redemption through their shared love of music.
- Saturday, May 14 - “Acting: The First Six Lessons”: Based on Richard Boleslavsky’s 1933 novel of the same name, this 2021 drama offers an intimate glimpse into the life and acting craft of the multi-generational Bridges family. The unique hybrid of narrative and documentary storytelling follows a teacher (Beau Bridges) and his student (Emily Bridges), who together explore the craft of acting, and evolve in their understanding and appreciation of life itself.
- Monday, May 16 - “Captain Phillips”: In April 2009, the U.S. containership Maersk Alabama sails toward its destination on a day that seems like any other. Suddenly, Somali pirates race toward the vessel, climb aboard and take everyone hostage. The captain of the ship, Richard Phillips (Tom Hanks), looks to protect his crew from the hostile invaders, and their leader, Muse (Barkhad Abdi). The pirates are after millions of dollars, and Phillips must use his wits to make sure everyone survives and returns home safely.
- Friday, May 20 - “Strange Bedfellows”: In this 1965 comedy/romance, sparks fly when up-and-coming executive Carter Harrison (Rock Hudson) meets free-spirited artist Toni Vincente (Gina Lollobrigida). They quickly marry, only to discover their differences are too great to overcome. Five years later, a now-separated Carter learns his reputation as a swinging bachelor may hurt his chances at securing a big promotion. Carter’s friend Richard Bramwell (Gig Young) encourages him to reconcile with Toni, but her independent streak may jeopardize their love yet again.
- Saturday, May 21 - “Much Ado About Nothing”: In this 1993 Shakespearean farce, Hero (Kate Beckinsale) and her groom-to-be, Claudio (Robert Sean Leonard), team up with Claudio’s commanding officer, Don Pedro (Denzel Washington), the week before their wedding to hatch a matchmaking scheme. Their targets are sharp-witted duo Benedick (Kenneth Branagh) and Beatrice (Emma Thompson)—a tough task indeed, considering their corresponding distaste for love and each other. Meanwhile, meddling Don John (Keanu Reeves) plots to ruin the wedding.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.