Swift Action Following Santa Ana Winds
Laguna Woods Village follows a detailed action plan for storms, including Santa Ana winds. During an event, key VMS staff members patrol and monitor the Village, and Security responds to resident calls regarding storm-related issues.
Late last week, strong Santa Ana winds impacted much of Orange County; the following day, all VMS field staff mobilized to clean up debris.
- 3320: eucalyptus, cleared land, removed brush
- 3438: eucalyptus, cleared road closure, removed brush
- 5327: eucalyptus, cleared road closure, removed brush
- 2219: jacaranda, lost large limb, tree will be restored
- 2234: pepper, lost a large major limb, unable to restore and residents will be contacted regarding removal
- 3396: bottlebrush, complete failure, tree to be removed
- 3396: silk oak, limb removed
- 3497: crepe myrtle, large major limb, unable to restore and residents will be contacted regarding removal
- 5321: eucalyptus, limb removed
- 5379: coral, limb removed; staff will evaluate complete removal at a later date
- 5390: pear, complete failure, will be removed
VMS also received approximately 12 tickets generated by Resident Services regarding small- to medium-sized branches that needed to be addressed.
If at any point a storm event creates a risk to residents, a CodeRED alert will be sent to all residents registered for the emergency notification program. Register here if you have not enrolled in CodeRED.
If you require assistance during storms, call Resident Services from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 949-597-4600 or call Security after business hours at 949-580-1400 (24-hour dispatch).
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.