Don't Be a Party Pooper
In order to ensure community safety (and peace), the Department of Security Services would like to remind all Village dog owners to please follow these guidelines for dogs.
- Keep your dog on leash (not to exceed 6 feet long) at all times while outside of the home
- Take action to mitigate dog barking
- Pick up dog waste and dispose of it in a proper waste container (it can contaminate groundwater, may contain harmful organisms such as Giardia, Salmonella and E. coli that can be transmitted to humans and other animals, may contain roundworms and hookworms that can live in the soil for long periods and transmit to humans and other animals, and can attract rodents)
- Let your dog bark continuously and disturb the peace and comfort of neighbors
- Allow your dog to be aggressive in the community
- Leave your dog unattended in the community, including common areas, balconies and patios
- Pick up dog waste in a disposable bag and leave the bag on the ground—place the bag in the proper receptacle
Residents may register dog complaints with the Compliance Division at 949-268-CALL or email@example.com or with the Security Department at 949-580-1400.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.