City Offers Shredding Drop-off Service
The City of Laguna Woods announced that residents can now schedule appointments to drop off personal documents at city hall for free shredding. Documents will be stored in locked containers until shredded by a National Association for Information Destruction® AAA certified company at a separate facility.
To schedule an appointment, please visit www.cityoflagunawoods.org and click on the blue “Arrange Document Shredding” button. All currently available appointments are displayed on the city’s website. Appointments can also be scheduled by calling city hall at 949-639-0500.
Prior to scheduling an appointment, please review the following:
- Proof of Laguna Woods residency is required for free document shredding.
- Please bring no more than the equivalent of three 13-gallon kitchen trash bags of documents per appointment.
- For security, you will be required to feed your documents through a small opening in a locked container. Please allow an appropriate amount of time to do so.
- Please remove binders, hanging file folders and large binder clips prior to your appointment. Manila folders with metal prongs, paper clips, rubber bands and staples are OK.
- Please do not bring newspapers or magazines unless they contain personal information.
- X-rays, CDs, cassettes, flash drives, discs and batteries are not accepted.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.