Third Members: Contacting the Inspector of Elections
Due to an issue with the Inspector of Elections' phone service carrier, outdated telephone information was inadvertently shared with Third Mutual members in the matter of the upcoming insurance amendment election. Active telephone information is provided below.
Any Third Mutual member who has not received, or has lost/spoiled their CC&R amendment ballot, which requires members to vote “yes” or “no” to delete and amend Article XI, Section 1 of the CC&Rs, may call the Inspector of Elections to request a replacement at 1-888-864-5328 (1-888-Uni-Lect) OR call the inspector’s mobile phone at 925-209-9317. The inspector’s office is available seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. If you reach voicemail, please leave a clear message with your name, property address, mailing address (if different) and phone number, and a ballot will be mailed to you within one business day. For any other requests, the inspector will return your call as soon as possible.
Ballots were mailed to members on May 28, 2021. Ballots will be counted at a special election meeting of the members of Third Laguna Hills Mutual on Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. at the Community Center at 24351 El Toro Road, Laguna Woods, CA 92637.
Without a yes vote, all Third members can expect significant assessment increases from the year 2022 onward, according to the Third Mutual Board of Directors. Specifically, if the insurance amendment does not pass, the monthly assessment increase will be $93.
Returning Your Ballot
Return your ballot one of two ways:
- By mail: Insert the ballot into the secret ballot (yellow) envelope, place it in the postage-paid return envelope addressed to the Inspector of Elections and mail by 11 a.m. on June 28, 2021.
- Ballot box at the Community Center: Insert the ballot into the secret ballot (yellow) envelope, place it in the return envelope and insert it into the ballot box located outside the front of the Community Center at 24351 El Toro Road, Laguna Woods, CA 92637 by 5 p.m. on June 28, 2021.
Education Initiative Events
As part of an education and communication initiative, the Third board held one informational meeting and two town halls:
- Watch the ballot information meeting from May 14 here.
- Watch the May 21 virtual town hall here.
- Watch the June 7 virtual town hall here.
General Notice, Ballot Information and Proposed Amendment
Click here to view the General Notice, Ballot Information and Proposed Amendment documents.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.