Join Recreation's 1,000-Mile Club!
The Recreation and Special Events Department’s 1,000-Mile Club exercise incentive program aims to help participants uphold their commitment to exercise throughout the year and provides a visual record of miles accumulated through such exercise activities as walking, jogging, swimming, biking or rowing. Those who finish 1,000 miles by the end of the calendar year will receive a T-shirt.
Please review the following participation and completion guidelines:
- Registration is online through ActiveNet only. Registration begins March 1, 2021.
- The $16 or $19 annual fee includes the T-shirt.
- It takes an average of 20 miles per week to reach 1,000 miles in a year (we will accept miles already completed in 2021).
- We use the honor system. Please record only the miles you actually complete.
- Mileage can come by way of walking, cycling, swimming, hiking or any activity that involves distance.
- Log your progress by sending an email once or twice a month with your miles to Kat Serrano at email@example.com@gmail.com or call 949-268-2275 and leave a message.
- At the end of each month, we will email all participants with everyone’s totals.
- The last day to report your miles is November 30, 2021.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.