Local Mental Health Resources
The Village’s Social Services Division provides assessments, resources, referrals, the Friendly Visitor Program and much more to residents to help them maintain independence and enhance their quality of life. The team is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 949-597-4267.
The County of Orange also offers several mental health resources to seniors throughout the county:
- Friendship Line California: A 24/7 crisis intervention hotline and a warm line for nonemergency emotional support calls; 888-670-1360
- National Alliance of Mental Illness: Provides peer mentor programs and online support groups via Zoom; namioc.org
- OC Warmline: This free, confidential telephone service provides emotional support and Orange County resources 18 hours a day to OC residents: Monday - Saturday, 9 to 3 a.m. and Sunday 10 to 3 a.m.; 714-991-6412
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: 800-273-8255 or text TALK to 741741
- OCLinks: Provides telephone and online support for anyone seeking information or linkage to any of the OC Health Care Agency’s behavioral health services; 855-625-4657; ochealthinfo.com/oclinks
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.