Drive Better, Drive Smarter
Residents can register now for an online AARP Smart Driver course, the nation’s first refresher course specifically designed for drivers age 50 and older. In many states, drivers may benefit from a discount on their auto insurance premium upon completing the course. You might just learn something new along the way; in fact, 97% of participants changed at least one driving habit as a result of what they learned.
The Smart Driver online course can help you:
- Receive a multiyear auto insurance discount (consult your auto insurance agent for details)
- Refresh your driving skills and knowledge of road rules—and hazards
- Reduce your chances of receiving a traffic violation or getting into an accident
- Learn at your own pace—you have 60 days to complete the course
The AARP Smart Driver online course covers:
- Research-based safe driving strategies
- Information on the effects of medication on driving
- Preventive measures to reduce driver distractions
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, antilock brakes and new technology found in today’s cars.
- Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way and roundabouts
- State-specific rules and regulations in 19 key areas, including construction zones, child safety seats, school buses, cellphone use and more
- Easy-to-follow format incorporating adult-learning principles
The course is $21.95 for AARP members and $27.95 for nonmembers. Use promo code DRIVINGSKILLS for a 25% discount (good through February 8, 2021).
Visit aarpdriversafety.org to register, view FAQs and more.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.