United Mutual Election Voting PSA
United members, make your voice heard by voting in your mutual's election. Watch youtu.be/QI6nxkJ37Gs for an important message.
The deadline to vote to fill four board director positions is November 2. If mailing your ballot, the return envelope must be received at the Inspector of Elections post office box by 11 a.m. on Monday, November 2, 2020. Return your mail-in ballot as soon as possible! If dropping your ballot off in the blue ballot box directly outside the Community Center double doors, do so by 5 p.m. on November 2.
United members may vote for no more than four candidates:
- Prakash “Cash” Achrekar
- Manuel Armendariz
- Azar Asgari
- Reza Bastani
- Margaret “Maggie” Blackwell
- Alan Dale Dickinson
- Lenny Ross
Completing Your Ballot and Return Envelope
- Using a black or dark pen only, completely fill in the oval (0) to the right of the candidate’s name. Do not mark an “X” or “√” or your vote may not count.
- Insert your completed ballot into the secret ballot envelope (SBE) and seal. Do not make any markings on the SBE.
- Insert the SBE into the pink postage-paid return envelope addressed to United Laguna Woods Mutual, Inspector of Elections, PO Box 3026, Danville, CA 94526-9941 and seal.
- On the back side of the pink postage-paid return envelope, provide your address and signature (by member or trustee) on the signature line provided on the back of the envelope and mail. Unsigned return envelopes will invalidate the ballot and not be counted.
- Mail-in ballots must be received at the post office box no later than 11 a.m., Monday, November 2. If you want a receipt for a mailed ballot, return it Certified Delivery – Return Receipt at your expense.
- Hand-delivered ballots placed in the official ballot box in front of the Community Center (24351 El Toro Road) must be received no later than 5 p.m., Monday, November 2.
- Call the Inspector of Elections’ Duplicate Ballot Request Call Center at 855-240-0363 24/7 throughout the election period if your ballot is lost or damaged. Tell the operator you are a United Laguna Woods Mutual member, provide your address and phone number, and a ballot will be mailed to you in the next one to two business days.
- Ballots will be counted Tuesday, November 3, beginning at 9:30 a.m. at a virtual meeting televised on Village TV (Channel 6).
- Read the rules governing this election here.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.