The Resident Portal Is Your Friend
On Monday of this week, due to Southern California Edison alerts and pent-up in-home service demand, the Department of Resident Services received approximately 1,500 resident phone calls. Typical call volume of 800 to 1,000 calls per day is manageable; however, when the department lands in the midst of a perfect storm and the phones start ringing off the hook, residents will experience unavoidable wait times.
Peak call hours for the Resident Services call center are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you can’t reach a customer service representative, try again during off-peak hours from 1 to 4 p.m. Also, consider calling during mid-week versus on Monday morning, when call volume is the highest.
The Resident Portal Can Help
Did you know there’s an easier way to view work orders and submit service requests online?
The resident portal on the Village website allows residents to do just that and more, including view account balances, view and print statements, pay assessments or chargeable services via credit card, and enter emergency contact information.
From the Laguna Woods Village website main page, click Login in the upper right-hand corner, next to Contact Us.
- For a first-time login, register your account.
- Enter the email you have on file with Resident Services. Click Verify Email. If you don’t know the email address you have on file, contact Resident Services at 949-597-4600.
- Check your email account for an email from the Village that contains a prompt to reset your password. Then return to the Login/Sign In page of the Village website. Enter your email and password.
- After entering your email and password and clicking Sign In, you will be taken to the Dashboard Page for account details. A dropdown menu is available for Residents who own more than one property. Your personal information will appear in each field. Navigate the Dashboard Page using the left-hand full menu or the icon menu.
- Select Payments from the left-hand menu to visit the Payments Page, where you can view assessments and other charges. Click Pay Now to pay any charges. You will be taken to Payment Details.
- Under Payment Details, enter your credit card information and click Submit Payment.
- Select the Statements Page to download and view current and past statements (pdf format) for your property/properties.
- Select Work Order to view Scheduled Work Order, Open Work Order or Completed Work Order, or Create New Work Order for your property/properties.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.