Local Restaurant, Grocery and Pharmacy Resources During COVID-19
Restaurants offer free delivery; grocery and pharmacy retailers adjust operations, hours
As the coronavirus situation evolves and we move forward with daily life under new rules, local restaurants, as well as grocery and pharmacy service providers, continue to serve our community with adjusted services, operations and hours. Please see below (or download the pdf) for information about local grocery and pharmacy hours, meal and delivery services, restaurant and food bank updates and more. Data for this document is reviewed and updated as necessary. Please note all information is subject to change at any time.
19 Restaurant & Lounge
- Address: 24122 Moulton Parkway
- Telephone number: 949-206-1525
- Restaurant 19 is offering free delivery and to-go meals daily from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m. Village residents can order at the restaurant or call. All hot dishes come in microwave containers. Daily specials are offered for multiple orders for two days’ worth of meals. View the menu here.
- Address: 24032 El Toro Road
- Telephone number: 949-900-2670
- BJ’s Restaurant offers free delivery for all orders over $19.95 through April 30 when placed online, or through the restaurant’s app.
- Address: 24401 Ridge Route Drive #B104 opposite Moulton Plaza
- Telephone number: 949-273-3597
- Ask for Sami. Offers free delivery and curbside pickup.
- Address: 24011 El Toro Road
- Telephone number: 949-458-3544, press “1”
- Chick-fil-A is rolling out free delivery to Laguna Woods Village residents who order a day in advance. The restaurant will deliver between 10 and 11 a.m. or between 4 and 5 p.m. For each regular order placed, Chick-fil-A will donate a meal to a senior in need.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Address: 24380 Moulton Parkway
- Telephone number: 424-326-3007
- The drive-thru is open for pick-up orders with the ability to accommodate mobile app orders ahead of time. They also accept third-party delivery services from Postmates.
- Address: 24100 El Toro Road, #B
- Telephone number: 949-581-3535
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out. They also accept all third-party delivery services (i.e. Postmates, Uber Eats, etc.).
- Address: 23301 Avenida De La Carlota, Suite C
- Telephone number: 949-734-0910
- GameCraft Brewing has free delivery of meals and beer/wine to all Laguna Woods addresses. Delivery windows are generally noon until 8 p.m. Order by phone or at www.gamecraftbrewing.com.
Jack in the Box
- Address: 23562 Moulton Parkway
- Telephone number: 949-586-9328
- The drive-thru is open for pick-up orders. They also accept third-party delivery services from DoorDash, Uber Eats, and Grubhub.
Jersey Mike’s Subs
- Address: 24365 El Toro Road, #A
- Telephone number: 949-273-6557
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out. They also offer delivery services for online orders or orders made through their mobile app. They also accept all third-party delivery services (i.e. Postmates, Uber Eats, etc.).
- Address: 23615 El Toro Road, Suite T
- Telephone number: 949-951-8675
- Offers free delivery and takeout, full menu, and the special every day is the popular meatloaf.
Kosher Bite Deli
- Address: 23595 Moulton Parkway, Suite H
- Telephone number: 949-770-1818
- Offers pick-up and take-out (closed until the April 21 for Passover). Owner is MaryAnn.
- Address: 24310 Moulton Parkway, Ste L
- Telephone number: 949-380-0465
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out and are offering delivery services for Laguna Woods residents only.
- Address: Mobile Service
- Telephone number: 949-757-0030
- Lori's Kitchen delivers meals options that include salads, sandwiches and small freezer-ready meals ordered in packs of 10. Delivery is made to the doorstep with no personal contact between individuals. Payment is made over the phone to limit contact.
Mother’s Market Cafe
- Address: 24165 Paseo De Valencia
- Telephone number: 949-768-6667
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out and also accept third-party delivery services from Uber Eats and ChowNow.
- Address: 24256 El Toro Road, #1
- Telephone number: 949-583-1020
- They are offering to-go car-side service orders that can be placed via phone, online, or through their mobile app. They are also offering free delivery services for orders over $75. They also accept all third-party delivery services (i.e. Postmates, Uber Eats, etc.).
Papa John’s Pizza
- Address: 23582 Moulton Parkway, Suite 106
- Telephone number: 949-829-9595
- They offer delivery services and are accepting pick-up orders for take-out. They also accept third-party delivery services from Postmates, Grubhub, and DoorDash.
- Address: 24338 El Toro Road
- Telephone number: 949-770-2002
- They offer delivery services and are accepting pick-up orders for take-out. They also accept third-party delivery services from Postmates, Grubhub, and Urban Eats.
Polly’s Pies Restaurant
- Address: 23701 Moulton Pkwy, Laguna Hills
- Telephone number: 949-380-8383
- Offers curbside pick-up and free delivery service for orders of $12 or more with Doordash.
- Address: 24342 El Toro Road
- Telephone number: 949-583-9134
- The drive-thru is open for pick-up orders. They also accept all third-party delivery services (i.e. Postmates, Uber Eats, etc.).
Scratch Bakery and Café
- Address: 24321 Avenida De La Carlota
- Telephone number: 949-859-2253
- Scratch Bakery and Café will start free delivery service on Friday, March 20, with set delivery times for call-in orders.
Starbucks #51609 (El Toro Road/Moulton Parkway)
- Address: 24281 Moulton Parkway
- Telephone number: 949-306-0678
- The drive-thru is open. They accept all third-party delivery services (i.e. Postmates, Uber Eats, etc.), however all orders have to be picked-up through the drive-thru since the walk-up window is closed.
Subway #18967 (El Toro Road)
- Address: 24338 El Toro Road, Suite 1D
- Telephone number: 949-206-9010
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out. They also accept third-party delivery services from Postmates and Uber Eats.
Subway #31736 (Moulton Parkway)
- Address: 23582 Moulton Parkway, Unit B113
- Telephone number: 949-380-9200
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out and are offering delivery services for Laguna Woods and Laguna Hills residents only. They also accept all third-party delivery services (i.e. Postmates, Uber Eats, etc.).
- Address: 24338 El Toro Road, #B
- Telephone number: 949-462-0855
- They are accepting pick-up orders for take-out. They also accept third-party delivery services from Postmates and DoorDash.
- Address: 25254 La Paz Road, Suite A
- Telephone number: 949-454-8585
- Villa Roma is offering free delivery. Call for details on specials.
Local restaurants waiving delivery fees
- Blaze Pizza
- Del Taco
- El Pollo Loco
- Villa Roma
- Pizza Hut (may have a $5 delivery fee)
- Great Plates Delivered Program: In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Age Well Senior Services has been selected to be the administrator for this temporary emergency home-delivery meal program for seniors. The program includes three meals a day and at this time is available through June 10, 2020.
- Grocery Delivery from Amazon (Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods)
- Macrobox Meals (https://www.amazon.com/fmc/learn-more)
- 5 meals starting at $55
- Delivery services (still operational, subject to change)
- Instacart delivery (now offering Leave at My Door delivery – no signature required). Currently there is a two-week wait time.
- Uber Eats
- Address: 24251 Muirlands Blvd., Lake Forest
- Telephone number: 949-581-1642
- Albertson’s offers special hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 to 9 a.m. for older adults and those with compromised health. Offers delivery service, but that may be limited due to high demand.
- Address: 24270 El Toro Rd, Laguna Woods
- Phone number: 855-955-2534
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. are reserved for vulnerable shoppers.
- Address: 24165 Paseo de Valencia, Laguna Woods
- Phone number: 949-768-6667
- Mother’s Market’s regular store hours are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Wednesday mornings, the store will open at 6 a.m. for people age 60 and older. The store is also offering free grocery delivery through Instacart at delivery.mothersmarket.com, although deliveries will be delayed. For free delivery, use the code FREE4SENIORS. Uber Eats is offering free delivery for Mother’s cafes.
- Address: 23716 El Toro, Lake Forest
- Telephone number: 949-380-0179
- Ralph’s is open from 7 to 8 a.m. every day for seniors age 65 and older; call to confirm and bring ID.
Smart & Final
- Address: 26560 Moulton Pkwy, Laguna Hills
- Telephone number: 949-448-0362
- Offers special shopping hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 to 8 a.m. for seniors.
- Address: 24336 El Toro Road, Laguna Woods
- Phone number: 949-598-3235
- Stater Brothers modified its store hours from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and will open 15 minutes early at 7:45 a.m. to individuals age 65 and older to get a head-start on shopping. Stater Brothers uses the delivery service Instacart, which can be reached at 888-246-7822 or instacart.com/stater-bros. Due to high volume, expect a long hold-time if you call. Currently there is a two-week wait time. The company is looking to hire more people to meet the demand.
- Address: 24500 Alicia Parkway, Mission Viejo
- Telephone number: 949-583-1298
- Target offers special shopping hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8 to 9 a.m. for individuals age 65 and older as well as those with medical conditions. Double check special hours by visiting Target’s online store locator. The store offers drive-up pick-up and delivery options.
- Address: 23932 Aliso Creek Road, Laguna Niguel
- Telephone number: 949-900-5830
- Whole foods offers special shopping hours of 7 to 8 a.m. for seniors age 60 and older. The store offers delivery service through Amazon, but inventory and delivery may be delayed or temporarily unavailable due to increased demand.
CVS is open weekdays 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The pharmacy currently is waiving its delivery fee for prescriptions right now. CVS offers a COVID-19 information hotline at 888-300-4419.
El Toro Pharmacy
El Toro Pharmacy maintains its regular hours and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The pharmacy delivers Monday through Friday between 1 and 3 p.m. Open Saturdays, but no delivery. Closed Sundays. As of right now, nothing has changed.
NowRX.com offers same-day prescription delivery for new or existing prescriptions. Call or text a picture of your prescription label to 844-466-6979 and the pharmacy will transfer the prescription from any other pharmacy. This pharmacy is located in Irvine and accepts all insurance.
Rite Aid is offering the same hours and services. The store is open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Offers drive-through window to pick up prescriptions and all products sold in the store for “stay-in-your-car” shopping. Store manager/pharmacist is Renee. Located at Paseo de Valencia and El Toro, 949-206-9632.
Saddleback Church Lake Forest Campus
- If you would prefer to provide your information over the phone, call 949-609-8211
Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
South County Outreach Food Pantry
Grow Young Fitness
Offers free 30-day access to chair exercise videos designed for seniors. Includes virtual trainer, personal progress tracker and support. Learn more at https://www.growyoungfitness.com/laguna-woods-village or https://bit.ly/39nWnLW.
Chewy (pet food and medication delivery)
PHONE CAPTIONING SERVICE
ClearCaptions provides phone call captioning to help individuals who have trouble hearing on the phone. During the current coronavirus situation, ClearCaptions is ensuring those with hearing loss can remain connected with family, doctors, caregivers and others. Installers and customer service representatives on staff are taking extra steps to assure availability to current customers and those who have yet to use the no-cost service but would benefit from it. Federal funding enables ClearCaptions to offer this service at no cost to individuals with hearing loss. For more information, call 866-746-7850 or visit https://clearcaptions.com/.
Orange County’s Credit Union
Offers appointment-only hours for at-risk credit union members Monday through Friday from 2 to 5 p.m. To make an appointment, fill out this form.