Assessments During COVID-19
Our Village has experienced many rapidly evolving changes over the past two weeks. As a result of some of those changes, including the closures of GRF indoor and outdoor facilities and restriction to gate access, many residents have inquired about a reduction in assessments.
The actions that have been taken in the Village are in compliance with the precautions and directives of health care agencies and local and federal government. However, the cost of maintaining all Village facilities continues and, in fact, may likely increase because of increased disinfecting and cleaning of high traffic areas. VMS and your boards of directors have been advised that state statutes and case law support the position that there will be no decrease or proration of assessments as a result of this emergency.
During a recent 9 a.m. “This Day” broadcast, among VMS CEO Jeff Parker’s daily updates was a message regarding payment of assessments during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to view a letter drafted by Mr. Parker that was emailed or mailed via USPS to address resident questions and concerns regarding this topic.
If you are a resident who typically makes your payments in person or via the Payment Drop Box at the Community Center, please use these alternative payment methods.
- To pay your assessments with a coupon, remit checks payable to: Golden Rain Foundation, File 55252, Los Angeles, CA 90074-5252
- To pay your assessments without a coupon, remit checks payable to: Golden Rain Foundation, Attn: Manor Payments, PO Box 2220, Laguna Hills, CA 92654
- To pay your chargeable services, remit checks payable to: Golden Rain Foundation, Attn: Chargeable Services, PO Box 2220, Laguna Hills, CA 92654
- To pay by credit card, access the resident portal via the following web address (fees may apply): https://portal.lagunawoodsvillage.com/
- To sign up for automatic payments for assessments (preferred method), review the following document and mail the completed form (EZ Pay Automatic Assessment Payment Program) with a voided check to: Golden Rain Foundation, Attn: Manor Payments, PO Box 2220, Laguna Hills, CA 92654
Due to the challenges some residents may face in their attempt to pay March 2020 assessments and fees in a timely manner (due to the temporary closure of the Community Center), late fees will not be applied during the month of March 2020.
For more Village news, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.