Navigating the New Transportation Phone System, FAQs Answered
Review these important instructions to use new transportation phone options and find answers to transportation-related frequently-asked questions.
How does the new phone system work?
- Call 949-597-4659
- Select the option that relates to the purpose of the phone call
- Option 1 – General information
- Option 2 – Request stop for fixed route
- Option 3 – Boost rides
- Option 4 – Journey rides
- Option 5 – Destination shopping
- When choosing Option 4 for Journey rides, please leave a detailed message; Transportation staff will call back with a confirmation
How do I get on a fixed-route bus?
- Main hub is Clubhouse 1
- Scan your Village ID when you board the bus
- Be on the designated route street in your neighborhood with your ID in hand and wave to driver when you see the bus approaching
- Village drivers will stop to pick up in safe and clear location
How do I make a “request stop” on the fixed-route system?
- For neighborhood routes, call Transportation if you need a pickup (available only if you reside in a cul-de-sac that is a designated request-only stop)
- For commercial routes, advise the driver of your request when boarding the bus; if you need a return pickup, tell the driver or call Transportation to place your request
How does the “overflow” bus work?
- Overflow is used on an as-needed basis for onboard residents on the last commercial route run of the day
- Residents should use the residential bus at 4:30 p.m. to ride home unless they have prior arrangements to go home after 5 p.m.
How do I get qualified to participate in the Journey program?
- Call Transportation to request a Journey application
- Transportation staff will collect your information and place you on the earliest available monthly assessment
- Transportation staff will call to advise applicant of the day and time of the assessment appointment one week prior
- A bus will pick up residents and return them home when the assessment is complete
- An approval letter will be mailed with rules and procedures to schedule Journey rides after approval
What is the access code for the Boost program?
- Enter LWVBOOST under promo code in the application settings feature
Can I use Boost if I don’t have a smartphone?
- Call Transportation to schedule Boost trips
What do I do if my Boost driver does not show up?
- Call Transportation for assistance
- Be specific about your location when scheduling Boost rides
Please note that the Neighborhood and Wellness routes will not operate between 12:30 and 1 p.m. to provide bus drivers a lunch break.
To discover more Village news, events, activities and classes, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.