How to Use the New Boost Service
Boost, a new Village transportation service provided through a partnership with Lyft rideshare, takes the place of Plan-A-Ride. Boost offers rides to Laguna Woods Village residents within current transportation system parameters when the Easy Rider fixed-route system is not in service.
When does Boost operate?
- Monday through Saturday, 8 to 9 a.m. and 5 to 10 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- No service Christmas Day or New Year’s Day
How do I get Boost?
- Download the Lyft app to your smartphone. For detailed instructions on how to download and use the app, click here or download the pdf below.
What is the access code for the Boost program?
- Enter LWVBOOST under promo code in the application settings feature.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
- Call Transportation at 949-597-4659 to schedule BOOST trips.
How do Lyft drivers get through the gate? What about the return trip home?
- All Lyft drivers are asked to show their trip manifest on their phone in order to be given access through all gates. Always carry your Village ID with you for re-entry into the Village.
What do I do if my Boost driver does not show up?
- Call Transportation for assistance.
- Be specific when scheduling trips for Boost of your location.
How many Boost trips can I make?
- There is a 40-trip limit per month per resident.
What do I need to carry with me?
- Always have your Village ID on hand for Village re-entry.
The Transportation Division values your feedback. If you have information you believe will improve our service, we want to hear from you. Please call 949-597-4659 and ask for a supervisor. All comments are confidential.
To discover more Village news, events, activities and classes, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.