Not-to-Miss Excursions, Events and More
Pictured above: The November bus excursion to the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum will take place Wednesday, November 20.
- Girls in the Garage: Wednesday, October 2, at 4:30 p.m.; held at Mission Viejo Transmission & Auto Repair (helping women learn the basics of car maintenance while having fun). There is no cost for this excursion. Lottery is Monday, September 16.
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum: Wednesday, November 20, at 9:30 a.m.; visit to the Richard Nixon Library. Entry fee at the door is $21 for adults, $17 for those 62+ and $15 for retired military. Lottery is Monday, November 4. Bus excursion dates and/or locations are subject to change. For more information, call 949-597-4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Toll Roads' Stick-and-Go Event at the PAC
Friday, September 13, from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Performing Arts Center/Clubhouse 3, staff from The Toll Roads will be on hand to help folks affix their new sticker transponder to their windshield.
Bring your own sticker transponder—sticker transponders will not be provided at the event.
Already have your transponder mounted? Drop by for coffee, snacks and fun giveaways. If you do not have an account with The Toll Roads but would like one prior to the event, please click here or call 949-727-4800 to sign up.
The Performing Arts Center/Clubhouse 3 is located at 23822 Avenida Sevilla.
Train with the Disaster Preparedness Task Force
All presentations are free to Laguna Woods Village residents and their guests only.
- Basic First Aid Training, Monday, September 16, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Clubhouse 7 Main Lounge.
- Good Neighbor Captain Training, Wednesday, October 2, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Performing Arts Center (Clubhouse 3), Dining Room 2.
- Adult CPR/AED Training, Monday, October 21, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Clubhouse 7 Main Lounge.
Preregistration is required for Basic First Aid Training and CPR/AED Training. Please email email@example.com to RSVP
Low-Vision Wellness Series at City Hall
Every Thursday in September from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at Laguna Woods City Hall, the Braille Institute will present on various topics for those with low vision.
- September 12: Staying Connected Discover low-vision devices and task lighting, library services and writing templates.
- September 19: Getting Around Town Learn to use your senses, keep safe, practice sighted guide techniques and discover multiple forms of public transportation and their application process.
- September 26: Low Vision-Accessible Technology Discover an array of gizmos and gadgets from video magnifiers to e-readers and to how to use an iPad and the latest in accessible apps.
Laguna Woods City Hall is located at 24264 El Toro Road. Please RSVP to Maribel Spell at 714-503-2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discover more Village news, events, activities and classes, click on the tag “What’s Up in the Village” below.