Estate Sale Events Must Obtain Authorization, Follow Guidelines
To obtain authorization to conduct a sale to which nonresident guests are invited, Residents must adhere to the following rules and regulations:
- Complete the Estate Sale/Sale with Nonresident Guests Written Authorization form and submit it to Resident Services along with the Gate Clearance Flyer with Tear-Off form and payment of applicable fees.
- Sale may be held any day of the week.
- No sale can begin before 10 a.m. or last beyond 3 p.m. Sale hours at clubhouses are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. There are no tear-off flyer events at clubhouses.
- Sale merchandise is strictly limited to those items provided by the owner/member. Bringing additional merchandise from other locations is strictly prohibited with the exception of sales at clubhouses.
- The owner/member or his/her authorized agent or legal representative must advise sale attendees that cars not parked legally are subject to tow and that no disturbances to neighbors should occur during the sale.
- The owner/member is responsible for nonresident guests’ conduct, including any disturbance or damage to mutual property that occurs as a result of the sale.
- No signs advertising the sale at a manor may be posted on GRF property, unless the sale is at a clubhouse and visible from parking lots and streets, and has a City of Laguna Woods permit.
- All sale items must be sold inside the property or the manor garage—no carports. Sale items are not to be visible from the outside. Sale items may be sold from inside clubhouses and on clubhouse patios.
- Nonresidents who submit the tear-off portion of the flyer will be admitted promptly at 10 a.m. at the gate. Entry is permitted at 8 a.m. for sales at clubhouses. Nonresidents without the tear-off portion will not be permitted entry. Nonresidents must leave the Community when their purchasing is complete or the sale is over.
- Any authorized agent who fails to adhere to these rules shall lose his/her business pass.
For more information, contact Resident Services at 949-597-4600.