Video Project Day Sept. 11
Find out what some of the Video Club members have been up to at Project Day from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, September 11 in the Video Lab. This event is free and open to all residents and their guests.
Held only three times a year, Project Day is when club members share recent work or projects in the works for discussion and feedback.
Here's the lineup:
- Video Club Secretary Stephanie Brasher will show short videos she's created with Apple's new Clips app for iPhone and iPad. See what this appealing app can do and consider taking Stephanie's class that starts November 8 to learn how to create easy and fun videos with Clips. Stephanie will also show some entertaining short videos and trailers made with iMovie. (See Video Club Fall-Winter Class Schedule)
- Hear the story behind a 4:48-minute video created by Video One members John Kelly, Lisa Aoki and Betsy Martin for the Garden Centers Club. John, who shot and edited the video, turned their experience into a lesson on "The Importance of Pre-Production Planning."
- Video Club Vice President Tom Nash will discuss the making of a 30-second “get-out-the-vote” video currently airing on Village Television to boost interest in United and Third Mutual elections. Written, directed and edited by Tom, it's a husband-and-wife “breakfast drama” starring Phil Doran and Ellen Van Houten. The video was shot by John Kelly and the Video One crew in Tom's dining room.
- Video Club Publicity Director Lucy Parker will show her 30-second voting spot "Know Your Candidates" a "faux animation" involving voice-overs by five actors, most of them Video One members. She'll demonstrate the simple production techniques she used and will also show a short video she recently wrote and created graphics for.
- Video One Member Connie Shaw, who creates animation using Flash, will show some animations she's made that could be used in videos.
A successful artist, Susie Stockholm has pioneered the creation of fine art on her iPad and teaches her techniques locally. She will show a recent work inspired by the eclipse and discuss how she created it.
For more information, contact Betsy Martin at email@example.com or 707-540-1955.