How to Report Water Waste
If you witness water waste, here’s how to report it
Many of us have witnessed water abuse: flooded sidewalks, running hoses, broken water lines, sprinklers running on rainy days. In the middle of a drought, that’s painful to watch and no longer acceptable.
El Toro Water District – which serves Laguna Woods and surrounding communities – would like your help. If you see water waste, talk to your neighbors. Or inform El Toro Water District of the problem. Here’s how:
- Go to ETWD.com and click on the yellow bar that says “Send a Report.”
- Or call El Toro Water District Customer Service at 949.837.0660 during business hours.
It is not necessary to contact Professional Community Management or Laguna Woods officials.
ETWD Customer Service Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (closed every other Friday)
Current Water Restrictions
- Water lawns and landscape no more than three days a week, on Laguna Woods’ residential watering days: Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday or Sunday. (In November through March, you may water only once a week.)
- Do not water between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., except by hand with an automatic shut-off nozzle.
- Do not hose or wash down sidewalks, driveways or other pavement.
- Do not run your hose while washing your vehicle. Use a bucket or a shutoff nozzle.
- Do not water when it’s raining or for 48 hours afterward.
- Fix leaks as soon as possible.
- Do not allow runoff onto hardscapes.
(Watering limits do not apply to very-low-flow drip systems in which no emitter produces more than two gallons per hour.)