Volleyball Club Advanced Panel Process
Laguna Woods Volleyball Club
Advanced Panel Processes
Our Volleyball Club Bylaws state: Eligibility to play Advanced level volleyball will be determined by the ADVANCED LEVEL PANEL.
- The Advanced Level Panel will keep an updated list of those who have been approved to play advanced level volleyball. This list will be posted of the Volleyball Club bulletin board.
- The only people eligible to play on Advanced play days are the people identified on this published list.
Evaluation of Existing Club Members:
- The Advanced Level Panel members will monitor High-Intermediate level play days. When the majority of the Advanced Level Panel agrees a player likely meets the advanced level skills requirements, they will invite that individual to play on Advanced level play days for a TRIAL PERIOD.
- The Advanced Level Panel will monitor the play of that individual during the trial period and then make a final decision. If the majority of the Advanced Panel agrees the player meets the skills level requirements the player will be added to the posted approved Advanced level player list.
- If the majority of the Advanced Level Panel agrees the player does not meet the skills requirements, the player will be told which skills they need to improve. They will not be added to the approved Advanced level player list, and the will be told they may not play on the Advanced level days.
- If a club member, who is not on the approved list shows up expecting to play on any Advanced Play days, they will be referred to the approved for advanced play list and our Club’s bylaws and will not be allowed to play.
- ONLY ADVANCED PANEL MEMBERS can invite a player to come and play on Advanced days. Note to all volleyball club members: PLEASE DO NOT invite players to come and play on Advanced days. This will only cause problems and interfere with the Advanced level play days.
Evaluation of Guests or new Club Members:
- We prefer all new Club members start playing on the Intermediate level play days for evaluation. Once the Intermediate Level Panel approves them for High-Intermediate play then the Advanced Level Panel will be able to monitor and evaluate their skills ability.
- If a new non-club member, who is not on the approved list shows up expecting to play on any Advanced Play days, they will be given a brief skills review by the Advanced Level Panel members who are present during that play day. If the majority of the present Advance Panel members believe they will likely meet the skills requirements they will be able to play that day.
- Then the entire Advanced Level Panel would have to discuss and decide if they would offer a trial period to be evaluated for advanced play.
Removing Players from the Approved for Advance List:
- The Advanced Level Panel may remove players from the approved for advance list if the player has not played advanced level volleyball with our club for an extended period of time or if they have moved away from the area. We know as we all age and our skills start to slip there will come a time for each of us to remove ourselves from the approved list. The Advanced Level Panel may on occasion vote to remove a player from the approved for advanced list, however, we would prefer using the Club’s bylaws stated challenge process to remove a player from the approved to play list.