The Laguna Woods Volleyball Club is designed for Intermediate and Advanced VB Players. Our club does not offer volleyball skills training and require all beginning level players to seek training from area facilities who offer training to meet our club play level requirements. (24 Hour Fitness, Saddleback College, or find someone in our club to help you). Advanced club members will determine who is eligible to participate on the intermediate level play days. All players must have intermediate level skill/play knowledge and meet the following criteria:
- Must understand and consistently practice the volleyball theory of pass-set-hit and the second ball is the setter's ball.
- Must know and play all court positions properly. This is a safety issue.
- Must be agile and be able to handle and anticipate hard spiked balls. This is a safety issue.
- Must be able to control the ball when passing/bumping.
- Must be able to properly execute a 2 handed set and play as setter.
- Must be able to consistently serve a “fair/good” serve.