1) LWDC Voting Recommendations - Includes brief descriptions for the 2022 Midterm Election Ballot Measures.
Click on Link: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
2) LWDC Midterm Election 2022 Doorhanger - Includes information on how and where to vote as well as a list of candidates endorsed by the California Democratic Party, the Democratic Party of Orange County, and the Laguna Woods Democratic Club. Click on Link: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
3) September Meeting - Candidate Forum Part 2 Tuesday, September 20 at 1:00 p.m. Clubhouse 5 Main Lounge.
As the number of Democrats increases in Orange County, Democrats are running for more and more offices, so one candidate forum wasn’t enough! Our second one will feature Katrina Foley for O.C. Board of Supervisors, Michele Bell for O.C. Superior Court Judge and Annie McCary and Ed Tao for Laguna Woods City Council. In addition, Legislative Action Chair Jonathan Adler will review the club’s recommendations on the ballot propositions. Masks and proof of vaccination are required.
4) Village TV - The LWDC’s September Program on Village TV features last month’s candidate forum with Dr. Asif Mahmood for Congress, Judie Mancuso for CA Assembly and Dan Walsh for Saddleback Valley Unified School District. Biographical information was included in our August newsletter. Also included in the program, Jon "Bowzer" Bauman, formerly of Sha Na Na, endorsed Dr. Mahmood on behalf of Social Security Works PAC and played the piano and sang. Watch this informative presentation Wednesdays in September at 2:00 p.m. Black in Laguna Woods airs every Sunday at 3:30 p.m. For the September program LWDC Secretary Allan Feldman interviews Annie McCary, who is running for Laguna Woods City Council. Many of you know Annie and she will also appear at our September 20 Candidates Forum. Many of the club’s past programs can be seen on YouTube. Search for Laguna Woods Democratic Club.
5) Labor Day - Pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers and is traditionally observed on the first Monday in September (September 5th). It was created by the labor movement in the late 19th century and became a federal holiday in 1894.
6) Patriot Day - On September 11th honors the memory of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims who died in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Each year Americans dedicate this day to remembering those who died and the first responders who risked their own lives to save others.
7) Constitution Day & Citizenship Day - is on September 17th and commemorates the adoption of the Constitution of the United States and those who have become United States citizens. On this day members of the U.S. Constitutional Convention signed the Constitution in 1787.
8) International Day of Peace - Also known as Peace Day, is commemorated every year on September 21. It is a United Nations holiday for the end of war and violence and the promotion of world peace. It is also a day dedicated to those who promote peace in conflict zones by providing humanitarian aid. On the International Day of Peace, UN countries declare a ceasefire for the day, personally and politically.
9) September & October Rallies - There will be two rallies each month, prior to the November general election, proudly showing the values that the Democratic Party supports and protects!
Quarter a Day Campaign - New year, new plans, new Candidates,
new hopes, new fears. We all have something we can do to make sure our lives,
our health, our children’s and grandkids’ lives and education, our safety, our
voting rights, and for us, women, our bodies, are what we want them to be.
A quarter a day… Will you please? Just go to the link (or mail to P.O.
Box 2243, Laguna Hills, CA 92654) and enroll to become a monthly donor of $7.50
- or more if you wish of course and become one of our LWDC family heroes.
11) Today & Always - Do you want to message, congratulate, honor a loved one and at the same time help your Democratic Club?” Please send an email to Rebeca (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 949-452-0464. Tell her whom you want to honor and what you want to say, and we will publish it! Please submit it before the 15th of the month. Just donate $10 or more per line. Donations: Laguna Woods Democratic Club - P.O. Box 2243 - Laguna Hills, Ca. 92654-2243.
12) Become a Lifetime Member! - For a contribution of $500 (individual) or $750 (household), you can become a lifetime member of the Laguna Woods Democratic Club. Your contribution will help to elect Democrats and support local organizations and you’ll never have to pay annual dues again! Donate by credit card via ActBlue here or mail a check to LWDC, P.O. Box 2243, Laguna Hills, CA 92654-2243. https://secure.actblue.com/don...
12) Mentoring Program - Do you have what it takes to be a leader? Do you want to have an impact on the lives of your peers? Search no more. Our LWDC has something special for you: the new LWDC Mentoring program. As you may know, to achieve the club’s mission it is necessary to complete a vast number of functions which require the leadership of many. These leaders comprise the club’s Board of Directors who, in turn, rely on the help of many volunteers. All the following programs are led by an individual: Program development for monthly meetings, Special events, the Get Out the Vote program, the Voter Registration/postcard writing program, the Membership section, the Activism program, the Fundraising section, the Hospitality team, Newsletter, the Care and Share program, and Board nominations. Each one of these requires a leader who is committed, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Do you have what it takes? Are you willing to become one of our next leaders? Please call us and become part of the team. We will happily show and teach you “the ropes” and welcome you with open arms. Believe me, it is also a lot of fun. So don’t wait any longer. Send me an email to email@example.com and let me know where you see yourself as a leader within our Club. Can’t wait to hear from you. This new year is the perfect time to become a leader.
|Membership 2022 - Membership is open to all Laguna Woods Village and Orange County residents. Regular Members are registered Democrats; Affiliate Members need not be.
Application: Download, Print and Mail: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...|
Advantages of Club Membership! https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Act Blue for Membership - Pay online: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/lagunawoodsmembership2022
Newsletter Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
You Tube Monthly Meetings Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Board of Directors - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage...
Volunteer Opportunities - Voter registration and membership are available for those interested in growing our Democratic Club.
The purpose of the Club is to stimulate greater interest in government affairs, to further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, to increase Democratic Party registration and turnout, and to elect Democratic candidates who will truly support the United States Constitution and work for the highest degree of economic and social justice and welfare for all people.
The information, opinions and all other content on Club webpages are solely the responsibility of the particular Club. Neither GRF nor the managing agent is responsible for the accuracy or content of information on Club webpages, and all responsibility therefore is hereby denied.
All statements, actions and failures to act by any Club or Club member shall be the sole responsibility of that Club and its members. GRF does not endorse, approve or authorize such conduct, and expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability therefore, without exception.
Unless otherwise stated, all meetings, events and amenities are for the use of Laguna Woods Village residents and their authorized guests only.