1) Club Meeting - Tuesday, March 21 at 7 p.m. in Clubhouse 2 featuring Teri Sforza, one of the lead reporters on the O.C. Register Southern California News Group's probe of fraud, abuse and death in the Southern California addiction treatment industry.
2) Village TV
a) Club Meeting — If you missed the club's February meeting with Stephen Lindley of Brady United Against Gun Violence, you still have four chances to watch it on Village TV. The program airs Wednesdays in March at 2 p.m. With 27 years of law enforcement experience Lindley is a national expert on firearm policy, firearm legislation and firearm law implementation.
b) Black in Laguna Woods — airs on Sundays in March at 3:30 p.m. Club Secretary Allan Feldman interviews Village residents Lillian and Thomas Chesley. Hear about their interesting backgrounds and their non-profit A Touch of Love Works, which supplies clothing, food and hygiene supplies to those in need and assists people in finding lost family members.
3) ‘Hate Hurts Us All” Rally — March 24 [Note Time Change for Rally] On Friday, March 24th, the next ‘Hate Hurts Us All” rally will be held between 4-5 p.m. (note time change). Our theme will have the same emphasis: supporting ALL communities who have been targeted or marginalized by Hate and Violence. While we will have signs available proclaiming: ‘Hate Has No Home Here’, participants are encouraged to bring their own signs expressing themselves on these issues. Also, we are standing up against gun violence, which has become an epidemic in our country and will have Disarm Hate signs available. Gun Violence Hurts Us All! Please join us on March 24th at our usual location on El Toro Road between Laguna Woods City Hall and Olive Garden be-tween. 4-5 p.m.
4) Membership 2023 — Membership is open to all Laguna Woods Village and Orange County residents. Regular Members are registered Democrats; Affiliate Members need not be. Application: Download, Print and Mail. Link: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... or use the Act Blue Website: https://secure.actblue.com/don...
5) Mentoring Program — Do you want to have an impact on the lives of your peers? Search no more. Our LWDC has something special for you: the LWDC Mentoring program. As you may know, to achieve the club’s mission it is necessary to complete a vast number of functions which require the leadership of many. These leaders comprise the club’s Board of Directors who, in turn, rely on the help of many volunteers. All the following programs are led by an individual: Program development for monthly meetings, Special events, the Get Out the Vote program, the Voter Registration/postcard writing program, the Membership section, the Activism program, the Fundraising section, the Hospitality team, Newsletter, the Care and Share program, and Board nominations. Each one of these requires a leader who is committed, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Do you have what it takes? Are you willing to become one of our next leaders? Please call us and become part of the team. We will happily show and teach you “the ropes” and welcome you with open arms. Believe me, it is also a lot of fun. So don’t wait any longer. Send me an email to email@example.com and let me know where you see yourself as a leader within our Club. Can’t wait to hear from you. This new year is the perfect time to become a leader.
6) Nifty Sixty Fundraiser — Gives us an opportunity to celebrate the Laguna Woods Democratic Club's sixtieth birthday. In 1964 the Club was created, a board of directors was elected, bylaws were written, and the Club was underway. We celebrate this milestone and also prepare for the next general election in 2024. This campaign, which will be in effect from January 2, 2023 through October 31, 2024, will provide funds for candidates and community causes during this time. Send your check to the LWDC, P.O. Box 2243, Laguna Hills, CA 92654-2243 or donate through ActBlue https://secure.actblue.com
7) Neighbor-to-Neighbor Outreach Kickoff — Wednesday, March 8 at 10 a.m. — In the Los Olivos room of Clubhouse 2. The best way to reach undecided voters is through one-on-one interactions. Starting in March, we will be asking club members to interact with their neighbors who are not affiliated with either the Republican or Democratic Parties, by inviting them to upcoming LWDC meetings and letting them know who their friendly Democratic neighbors are. Watch your email for information about the kickoff meeting. We will go over what is expected, answer your questions, and provide you with information, suggestions and handouts. This outreach will pave the way for our 2024 election campaign. Please consider participating in this important effort! To sign up contact: Jeanne Lepowsky: firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Democratic Party 101 — Wednesday, March 29 at 10 a.m. — In the Grevillea Room of Clubhouse 2. DPOC Organizing Director Lyndsey Lefebvre's explains the organization of the Orange County Democratic Party. To sign up contact: Jeanne Lepowsky: email@example.com
Membership Application: https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... What does the LWDC Do? https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... Act Blue for Membership - Pay online: https://secure.actblue.com/don... Newsletter Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... Committees List for 2023 - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... You Tube Monthly Meetings Links - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... Board of Directors - https://www.lagunawoodsvillage... Volunteer Opportunities - Voter registration and membership are available for those interested in growing our Democratic Club.
The purpose of the Club is to stimulate greater interest in government affairs, to further the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party, to increase Democratic Party registration and turnout, and to elect Democratic candidates who will truly support the United States Constitution and work for the highest degree of economic and social justice and welfare for all people.
The information, opinions and all other content on Club webpages are solely the responsibility of the particular Club. Neither GRF nor the managing agent is responsible for the accuracy or content of information on Club webpages, and all responsibility therefore is hereby denied.
All statements, actions and failures to act by any Club or Club member shall be the sole responsibility of that Club and its members. GRF does not endorse, approve or authorize such conduct, and expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability therefore, without exception.
Unless otherwise stated, all meetings, events and amenities are for the use of Laguna Woods Village residents and their authorized guests only.